Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello 2013

In the onion skin of life, another layer was shed at the eleventh hour in a most extraordinary twist of fate. Nearly six months ago I realised that I wanted a project done with and out of my life by the end of 2012. It was one of those quiet goals one has, yet in the last month or two there were other factors to take into account so I decided it probably best to leave alone until some time in 2013.

As the end of 2012 drew near I pondered with both disappointment and pragmatism over this desire I had which was not fulfilled. However, I let it go as there are more important things in life.

In the last twelve to eighteen hours of 2012 a course of events meant that in order to enable X and Y which "had" to happen then amazingly, the goal that I had wanted needed to take place. And so it was done. Quickly and without any fuss from me because if it was down to me I sure would have fussed and worried to great excess. The world carried on turning and I doubt it would even have noticed. An end of an era. Something that started off as a great idea with huge potential in the end weighed so heavily on my conscious. What should have been seen as an achievement was like a millstone.

Whether it is onion skins or like a cocoon, weight has been shed and I am freer. Other significant changes are in the pipeline and I can hear the fluttering of beating wings drying out and strengthening.

No comments: