Wednesday 19 December 2012

14 years ago today...

Holidailies 2012
... we moved in with the darling Mr Doris. So this is our 14th Christmas together. Although I do nothing more to note this anniversary than to acknowledge it, I remember it second to our wedding anniversary and more than the date we first met and the such like:
  • Possibly because the day was so significant and went significantly pear-shaped and righted itself within the day? That was on account of the moving people I had organised deciding they were not going to move me after all once they fully realised how much stuff I had compared to the size of their van and just disappeared on the day of moving and luckily the second choice removals made themselves available to rescue a damsel in distress. 
  • Possibly because as a unit with my small kids I took a step off a very big precipice into the unknown without any back-up plan? 
  • Or maybe because I recognise that Mr Doris had been so brave to allow familyhood fall around him in one fell swoop.
Any which way, I was brave to make the move and Mr Doris was brave too. I like that. To this day I still do not know how we fitted all our furniture in with his, arrange it into some order and then six days later I cooked Christmas dinner for us all and his lovely Jewish family. I can still see all the happy faces sat around the dinner table squashed in by furniture and feeling the love and feeling we were home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post has been chosen as one of the Best of Holidailies today. Yaaay! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anji said...

Congratulations to you both!

"...and feeling we were home." Sometimes it just feels right, doesn't it?

Doris said...

Thanks Anji :-) You are so right, sometimes it just feels right and you know it.

Doris x