Wednesday 28 November 2012

Holidailies are coming

The 13th Annual Holidailies no less though I couldn't find this free community project in 2010 and did my own December Dailies. I first came across it in 2007 and took part as an "At Home" participant which meant I did not have to go and post updates to the Holidailies site. This year however, in honour of doing everything as differently as possible and it being a productive year one way or another, I am going to be a fully signed up member.

Starting December 1st it is best to sign up now. Wahey, starts this Saturday.

Last Saturday I discovered from a close friend that I have become a grumpy old woman! Yesterday in the bank, the cheerful teller beamed at me like a best friend and cheerfully asked me if I had done most of my Christmas preparations. I quickly replied not a thing and I don't care. After being taken aback she laughed and said she was glad she was not the only one. Funny thing is, anyone who knows me knows how much I love a lot of the little details of Christmas: the decorations; snow; food and advent calenders; Christmas Stockings; and the good wishes; so it really was a blunt display of bah humbug. (Which, with the help of the useful blog search facility shows that I am also not adverse to either!)

On Sunday I volunteered as a Marshall at our local town's switch on of the Christmas lights. Silly me did not realise when I offered to help back in September that I would not yet be in the festive spirit and that I would be subject to Christmas Carols from 2pm through to 6pm. I had my face painted and charmingly smiled and chatted and Christmas bopped. I still wasn't feeling it.

Maybe Holidailies 2012 will do it. Bring it on!


1 comment:

Doris said...

On my, the day before December and I still have not put up any decorations or even gotten them out. Maybe I'll look for the Advent Calenders this evening - making up the Duplo advent always gets me into the mood. And then there is the Advent made of card which is lovingly looked after each year and has baby Jesus in the manger as its focus - though baby Jesus doesn't appear until Christmas Eve :-) I may not be religious but I like to remember some of the core aspects of the festival.