Thursday 30 June 2005

How is your relationship corner?

It is generally on the far right hand corner of the room as you walk in the door.

Your relationship corner should be in a room of importance to you. The corner should be dusted and kept clean and tidy. Set up a little table, preferably round, and make it pretty and special. Decorate it with lovely things from around your house, such as a pair of candlesticks with candles, little round-ish ornaments, fresh flowers, a lamp, a picture frame of a happy couple you know or like, a statuette of a couple, anything really. You don't need to rush out and spend lots of money. As long as they have a sensuousness or roundness about the items and in pairs would be ideal.

Nothing too fussy, and not too much. As long as they are items special to you. And put a nice table cloth or piece of fabric on the table. And then, spend time in nurturing this corner. Look after it. Burn the candles and replace them when finished. Change the flowers.

Eight months after setting up my relationship corner I had my first contact with Mr Doris and here we are on on our happy ever after. A friend of mine set up her relationship corner and within a matter of weeks she met the man of her life. Another friend is setting up his relationship corner but I don't think he has gone the whole way. I've yet to hear how he is doing.

If you are meant to find the partner of your life then you will, regardless of any relationship corner. However, I think there is somethng to be said for focussing your energy in a positive way on a potential relationship. In order for it to work I think you have to find peace with yourself. Sitting in your relationship corner you can find that peace.

Now, I have just to work the same magic on my wealth corner....


Original Comments:

Ghone said...

Have you been smoking something???

Or am I just too tired to understand what you are saying?

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:17:00 PM

doris said...

Hee hee! Now which bit didn't you get? And if it helps, I don't mind you thinking I'm off my rocker on something! :-)

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:21:00 PM

Cheryl said...

Is this Feng wotsit? What do I do in a 3 bed bungalow with two kids and no spare corner?
What do I do if all the 'pretty things' in my house aren't pretty at all, but rather my very male husband's idea of a girly gift (as in he loves it, therefore I am bound to love it also?
Half of them are up as high as possible, pushed to the back of the tops of bookcases, the others are in boxes in the garage (They can't all dissappear at once, he might notice.......)
HELP!
Wheres my money corner? For that I might burn chairs.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:54:00 PM

doris said...

Shui? Yup!

You've got a Mr Cheryl so you are OK... but if you want to improve your romantic/sex life then I believe it is a similar process but involves your bedroom and a rather nice picture on the wall or similar, something a little erotic.

I'd love to see what these "girly gifts" are that you hubby gives that don't quite hit the mark. Does this mean he doesn't mind clutter if he keeps giving them to you?

As for the money corner, I think that is the furtherest left corner as you go into a room - in this case I think it would be a main room rather than the bedroom. But what should be done in such a corner for the optimum I am not sure.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:08:00 PM

Milt Bogs said...

Doris, your street cred has just hit an all-time low, rock bottom even! Bidets are just about acceptable but relationship corners, statuettes and table cloths!

Friday, July 01, 2005 12:10:00 AM

Cheryl said...

AND he was still on about corners when he got to my blog! Shall we gang up on him? Muahahaha.

Friday, July 01, 2005 12:41:00 AM

jane said...

thats quite interesting. in the right hand corner from my front door is my dining area, which includes my kitchen table & my hutch. its my most favorite part of my house with all my favorite things in it. but we did ours backwards. jim & i bought our kitchen table & chairs as a xmas gift for each other last year. my mom gave us the hutch a few months ago & the rest is things i cherish. i like the idea.

Friday, July 01, 2005 3:44:00 AM

Ally said...

Oh dear. A mental audit of all possible relationship corners in our house finds them full of:

- the darkest corner of the wardrobe
- wine
- logs
- cat dishes
- empty files and a laminator

Does this mean that our relationship is doomed? And which is the wealth corner again? Pretty please?! :).

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:25:00 AM

doris said...

Whooopee! I might have had street cred at some point! I must have had some for mine to hit an all time low.... oh wait, have to think a bit more about this.

Cheryl - only if he pays us ;-)

Jane - sounds like a treasured and special area already which has to be good.

Ally - no, not doomed! I think Feng Shui is good but is not the be all and end all. However, no harm in tending to some of those more important corners... bedroom and main living area. You can't move a wardrobe but you could make sure it is dusted and hang a special picture nearby.

The wealth corner is far left hand corner of the room as you go through the door. I have not put this corner into practise so can't vouch for its effectiveness like the relationship corner.

Friday, July 01, 2005 10:12:00 AM

Red Mum said...

You don't want to see my relationship corner, its a heap, clutter-city!!!!

ps I appreciated your insights and comments the other day, cheers!

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:07:00 AM

Karen said...

My relationship corner sucks - heck such is life....

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:39:00 AM

Milt Bogs said...

Doris your page looks like it's written on real paper or parchment even.

Friday, July 01, 2005 12:07:00 PM

Hannah said...

Huh... well that explains a lot... I'm going home to move my linen basket...

Friday, July 01, 2005 12:32:00 PM

Bernadette said...

I like the way you think, Doris! I have relationship corners all over my home; may I say that they can lead to "complications"? Michele sent me and I'll read on down your funny blog!

Friday, July 01, 2005 4:29:00 PM

Anonymous said...

It's all very easy to dismiss Feng Shui as bunkum. How can "a relationship corner" influence our relationships.

On the one hand it can't. But a relationship corner is more than just that. It shows that the person who created it, cares. That they have an attention to details. That various elements of Feng Shui may have a subconscious influence one us.

I guess the opposite effect is someone who keeps stuffed ferrets, and whose relationship corner consists of a pile of dirty underwear. Technically, these items have no direct effect at all, but bet there is influence!

Friday, July 01, 2005 7:54:00 PM

Red Mum said...

Regarding Anonymous post, I am sure the discarded dirty underwear would put any potential suitor or indeed lover off.... Lol

Saturday, July 02, 2005 3:23:00 PM

Badaunt said...

I'd just like a corner, actually. All our corners are filled with... stuff.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:42:00 PM

No comments: