Wednesday 30 November 2005

Bloody fest

The dentist did his deed yesterday with the last of the arranged extractions. It went better than the last time despite a minor misunderstanding before we left the house. I nearly went into panic overdrive as I thought dearest Mr Doris was going to try and fit in getting daughter to college before the dentist. It was my time and I felt very fragile and nearly threw myself onto the floor in a trantrum fit and certainly went into hyperventilating and heart racing.

Daughter looked at me like a madwoman and Mr Doris couldn't understand why I was upset as I had clearly misunderstood that he was putting me first. But he was very sweet and apologised.

The dental assistant tried to get him to sit in the waiting room and I was firm this time that he should hold my hand until I went under and he did. And then in the recovery room I passed out for 20 minutes and he was holding my hand as I came to.

I had another stitch but so far recovery is going better than last time. For 24 hours I resisted any food or cups of tea as I just can't bear anything to go wrong. I bit down on a wet wad for many hours yesterday to try to stem the bleeding. It seems to have done the trick.

Today, to complete the blood fest, I get to use my new Mooncup proper. It's been a very long time since I've been excited about my monthly cycle and will review the Mooncup in a few days.


Original Comments:

Milt Bogs said...

Hope you're continuing with the recovery Gran. My little chinese dentist wanted to relieve me of something or other. I refused as politely as I could. I suspect she was only after my money.
Fancy your forebears being from Pennsylvania.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:08:00 PM

Cheryl said...

Feel better soon!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:40:00 PM

Writer Mom said...

Dental work and Mooncuppery. What a week!
You're doing well! Better than I would, for sure.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:49:00 PM

jane said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I can't wait to hear how it goes with your Mooncup!
I'm glad you're recovering more quickly. I know how the dentist scares you, you've been such a very brave soul.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:26:00 AM

Anji said...

Hope that you are having a good rest. Good luck with the mooncup!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:54:00 AM

Writer Mom said...

Are ya still healing?

Next time, come over to the states. Dental Hubby will fix you up very gently.

("Next time???")

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:02:00 PM

Orikinla Osinachi. said...

I hope you are allright now?

God bless.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:16:00 PM

Juggling Mother said...

Hope you're feeling better now. Why are dentists so much scarier than doctors?

Saturday, December 03, 2005 3:39:00 PM

Rain said...

Hope you are feeling better! Thanks for visiting me.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:13:00 PM

Z said...

I've been known to throw a tantrum that will rival any the kids. Mightily embarrassing.

Oh for an understanding hubby. I usually get told off for being-a-brat by my 'better' half.

(And still having dentist probs I see, hope it's all over)

Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:22:00 PM

doris said...

Yoo-hooo! Thank you for your encouraging and lovely comments. I have been up to my eyes but oh what a wonderful week. It is so good when everything seems to be coming up roses, especially for others who I have tried hard to help out with. Nice to know it is making a difference.

My mouth is on the mend - nothing like last time - but have a few twinges and hope it is nothing more. I had just a little rest the day after but since then have been non-stop. Sometimes it would be nice for the roller coaster to stop and for everyone to leave the fair for a few days. Ah well, I probably wouldn't want it any other way :-)

Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:59:00 PM

birdychirp said...

oh sounds so painful - teethwise. I hope they get better soon.

Mooncup; my back doesn't move well enough. But great plan though!

Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:11:00 PM

Annie said...

I admire how well you are coping with it. I was a bag of nerves just having a small filling a few weeks ago. Hope you feel totally better soon. *Hugs*

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:32:00 AM

dog1net said...

Extractions are never fun. I had my wisdom tooth pulled a couple of weeks ago, and I'm glad I'm all the better for it. Good to hear you fared well. As to the "mooncup?" Well, that's entirely different matter.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:09:00 AM

No comments: