Thursday 22 March 2007

Baileys in a martini glass

Funny ole day, some days are like that. How it begins is one thing, meanders around and then moves towards the unexpected by the end. Nothing drastic (for me), nothing bad, just not run of the mill.

The clock has just ticked by 3pm and the day is not even over and more could happen but I've dug out one of my martini glasses. One of those 1950s glasses with a coloured stem and triangular shaped bowl. A couple of chunky ice cubes topped with Baileys. The bottle has to be kept nearby and it remains for me to slouch over to the chaise and recline with my syrup of the Gods.

Oh what a hard life one leads! :-)


Original Comments:

Steg said...

The unexpected is not necessarily a bad thing. I assume you're not going to let on whether today has turned unexpectedly good or unexpectedly other than good.

Enjoy the Baileys, though, but I can't approve of the ice - when it begins to melt it dilutes the "syrup of the Gods".

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:18:00 PM



Doris said...

LOL Steg!

As they say, it ain't over till it's over! And this day has continued on its merry way. There is nothing to let on because it is about others but the cherry on the cake is that just a couple of hours ago I find I am now organising a big birthday party for my father on Saturday afternoon and not only conjuring up a suitable spread but also the guests and train tickets and and and...

And I made sushi this afternoon, took photos and started writing a blog post about it but that is now way out the window.

This day still isn't over because I need to start planning the catering and maybe even start making the decorations... 36 hours to go and counting.

That Baileys is but a sweet and distant memory now!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:50:00 PM



Jo said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Doris. You earned it...;-)

Friday, March 23, 2007 12:26:00 AM



Britmum said...

You go girlfriend and I am sure the birthday bash will be amazing.

Take care xx

Friday, March 23, 2007 3:53:00 AM

No comments: