Saturday 2 September 2006

A new month

A new month, a new look.

With Beta Blogger on board I've taken the opportunity to put a new dress on my blog. Makes a change from my usual provocatively garish colours.

PS. The change over to Beta was trouble free. I chose the Harbour template and re-did the images and changed colours. Am currently working through applying labels to all my existing posts. Any comments now arrive in my Googlemail account conveniently labelled with the name of the post it belongs with, so no more hunting through my blog to see where a comment was posted. It seems that in due course, anyone with Blogger will have to move over to Beta but of course by then it won't be called Beta!


Original Comments:

Shelly said...

Oooo, I love what you did with this template. I'm loving beta Blogger, too. I'm not upgrading all my blogs because a few have custom-made templates, but I've done a few and added labels and am having fun. :)

Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:56:00 AM

jane said...

I like the new look, Doris. I'm glad things went smoothly for you.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 3:35:00 AM

Britmum said...

Wow Love the new look. Very very nice. Have a nice weekend lovey.

Take care xx

Sunday, September 03, 2006 6:28:00 AM

Doris said...

Thanks!

But I seem to be having trouble knowing how to post a comment so this a test one.

And I see that my other blogs have also made the change over and I didn't have to do a thing to their templates.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:42:00 AM

ChelseaFCChick said...

Love the new look!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:44:00 AM

Tony said...

Fine, Doris, but why are you using the irritating Word Verification caper? Why not just Comment Moderation?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:05:00 AM

Doris said...

The reason I haven't Tony is to allow posts to be published immediately. I don't want it to rely on me to moderate them, but I might try it out in due course if that helps with the temporary log in problems.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:24:00 PM

Anonymous said...

I think you must have missed a trick in the old system - the emails would take you direct to the blogpost they had come from if you clicked on your own (blog)name at the bottom of the email! ;-)

And I've just lose this comment twice so I'm commenting now anonymously!
Astryngia

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:29:00 PM

Doris said...

Oh my goodness Astryngia!

I definitely missed that trick :-(

Thanks - belatedly!!! :-)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:14:00 PM

MattyD said...

Hey Doris,

Loving the new look! I've got plenty to catch up on with you! :D

Take care,

Matt

Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:40:00 PM

BadAunt said...

We'll all have to move to beta? Just when I finally get around to learning enough about the old system to make a three-column template... Waaaah!

I'll wait until I'm forced to do it.

(How did you manage 27 new posts while I was away? It was only three weeks!)

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:05:00 PM

No comments: