Thursday 21 September 2006

Allsorts

Note to self: do not take overseas phone calls at quarter to eight in the morning because I am likely to have some person earnestly trying to sell me their project to match up with my project and telling me how I can be earning more money but what they have is just advertising rubbish. And he got frustrated with me because I don't have dollar signs in my eyes!

Yesterday: walking home through the park a squirrel stood to attention just ahead of me and held that proud and majestic position until I drew up next to it, then it bounded off. It looked a magnificent creature.

This week: daughter is seventeen and very happy. I feel a sense of achievement and gratefulness that she seems reasonably balanced and hasn't felt the need to run away from home like I had when I was 16.

This weekend: I'm off to stay with a very good friend for a few days down sowf.

Just now: I'm plugged into NASA TV watching preparations for the return to earth of the shuttle with Anousheh Ansari (the first female space tourist) onboard. Anousheh has now written her first blog from space!

NB. I must be completely off my rocker..... Anousheh has only just returned to earth and I was confused as she didn't come back on the Shuttle but instead stayed on the ISS. And I've been reading her blog, well, bits of it, and thought that these were reports written whilst she was up in space but only being logged now. I shall scuttle off now. 29 Sep 2006



Original Comments:

Atyllah said...
Congratulations on raising a well-balanced daughter - no mean feat in this crazy world.
Re squirrels - I couldn't pass on some of mine to you, could I. They've moved into the family room where the nutstash is kept and have made themselves at home. I'm not sure whose house this is anymore - mine or theirs. It is, however, quite definitely a nuthouse!
Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:43:00 AM
Stegbeetle said...
Had I $20 million to spare, I'd try the "space tourist" thing. What a cool trip!
Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:07:00 AM
cheryl said...
Wow - thanks for the link to Anousheh - what a brilliant post she did.

Happy birthday to daughter!
Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:36:00 AM

Anji said...
Happy birthday to your daughter; mine will be 18 in six weeks and certainly seems more capable and well balaced than i was at that age. We had squirrells in our woods but after the hurricane of 1999 they seem to have gone into hiding, aren't they lovely?

have a lovely weekend
Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:14:00 PM
Minx said...
I've had no foreign phone calls, no squirrel nutkins but 'Space blogger', how cool is that?
Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:16:00 PM

Gerald Ford said...
walking home through the park a squirrel stood to attention just ahead of me and held that proud and majestic position until I drew up next to it, then it bounded off. It looked a magnificent creature.

One time, I was walking through a park with a freshly toasted, shredded chicken sandwich, and I suddenly realized I was surrounded.

I am not joking, but six squirrels had appeared out of nowhere, and had surrounded me!

The stood there, quietly sniffing the air, and I carefully walked past them, in case they tried something...

True story. My wife was there.
Friday, September 22, 2006 5:23:00 AM

Doris said...
I can imagine that Gerald Ford and I can imagine it was quite intimidating!

Minx I'd be happy to share "my" Space Blogger with you! ;-)

Anji Congrats to you too then for that time 18 years ago when you did the deed. I can't say that my daughter is more capable than me at this age but at least she is much happier. We live next to a park and so have squirrels walking along our wall all the time. Strange to think that your local population just died off or disappeared.

Cheryl Thanks! :-)

Steggie I think it is a great way for the incredibly wealthy to spend their money - helping to fund the space programme. Now to earn the first $20 mill!

Atyllah Thank you re daughter. Wow - squirrels actually in the house? Now is this the real house or the house of the alien chicken.... I get confused at times ;-) But either way I quite believe it is a nuthouse! ROFL
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:25:00 AM
Britmum said...
Great post Doris. I liked how you set it up too.

Take care xx
Monday, September 25, 2006 6:14:00 AM

No comments: