Thursday 13 July 2006

Just another day

  1. Trying to get work done, more deadlines....

  2. Local friend phones me at 12.15pm desperate for me to come round and help hoover and dust her house prior to very important visitor at 1pm. I do it and get out her house with my Dyson and cleaning materials in the nick of time. Her visit is a success I hear and she no longer needs to throw herself under a train!

  3. 16 year old daughter is sorting details of her going on a summer holiday with friends to Spain. Asks our advice but snubs it. Ooo-er. This is the holiday we are part funding as an early birthday present.

  4. My middle-aged brother might be seriously wanting to give up drugs and is looking for help. I'm researching the options.

  5. Surprise delivery of flowers, teddy and helium balloon, from a very grateful client. It has truly been a work of love over the last weeks and it is nice to get the appreciation.

  6. The sun is shining and I can't help feeling cheerful. I'd like to take it easy.

  7. However, back to trying to get that other work done!



Original Comments:

Comment deleted

This post has been removed by the blog administrator.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:56:00 PM

Chandira said...

:-) Flowers are always nice, aren't they? Lucky you.

Glad to hear your bro is wanting to kick a few bad habits. There are options. Having given up cigarettes, my main breakthrough was in stopping identifying myself as a 'smoker'. Sounds kind of obvious, but it was a real epiphany for me, and a huge step forward, to stop thinking of myself as belonging to some group of people that smoked, somehow. Then I managed to let go of the physical habit, once the mind had been changed in that way. Sounds like he's headed in the right direction, and has taken the biggest step.

(OK, again, without typos..)

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:57:00 PM

St Jude said...

Ooh de ja vous, your day feels a little like an echo of one of my days from long ago. Just remember to take some time for yourself.

Sorry I am a Grandma, just can't get out of that mode sometimes.

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:30:00 PM

doris said...

Chandira Thanks! I spoke to my brother last night, and he seems to moving towards doing something but is still not there yet.

St Jude It has been a strange few days really. I just visited your blog - wonderful stuff! I loved your story about the false teeth :-D

Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:13:00 AM

Ghone said...

You missed off making sure you to post to your blog!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:13:00 PM

Gerald Ford said...

"Trying to get work done, more deadlines...."

Don't bother. I tried that today, Saturday, and ended up playing computer games for 3 hours. Better to keep the ol' expectations low. ;p

Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:03:00 PM

MrsDoF said...

Do we get to see a picture of the flowers and teddy?
I need a bit of vicarious cheering up meself!

Kudos to your brother.
Mental attitude is half the battle.
I know. I have another 58 pounds to walk off.
~~love and Huggs, Diane

Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:52:00 AM

No comments: