Sunday 30 April 2006

The Ex and the Son

Some of the comments from my last post made me think how I had not for one moment made reference to my son in all this and how he felt. And in same ways it did stop me short, horrified, realising I was considering my own feelings but what about son.

If there was any chance that I felt my son was being mentally messed around with then I have no doubt I would put a stop to it. In fact, I always insisted on very high standards from ex when we were "together". Apart from a brief few months, we never lived together and so when he came to visit, it had to be by arrangement and promises (on the whole) were to be kept.

Yesterday I chatted with son specifically to get an update of how he was feeling. He really feels OK abut it all. A bit disappointed that his father didn't remember his 12th birthday earlier this year but that's about it. Anyway, he has his "Dad" - Mr Doris - who had a go at trying to fix the gears on his bike yesterday; who buys the shopping and gets treats and rewards for son; who makes dinners; who can be relied upon; who provides personal computers with whizzy lights; and (from my perspective) who welcomes son's father to stay.

I'll blog again later about last night - it was so much fun! After we've had our outing together today.


Original Comments:

Karen said...

Ex's suck - my ex missed out on seeing his daughter grow up - fool. I haven't gone just got P****d off with the ball and chain asking why I'd writen what I had.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:33:00 PM

Annie said...

I have an ex who once delayed his son's birthday presents for two months - when my son was living with him - despite other son having a birthday (and presents) in between times! He then bribed his brother not to tell him about his wedding. It says a lot for my son that he has forgiven this and still wants to, and does, see his Dad weekly. I am polite if I see him, but fortunately don't often have to. The divorce is long over and done with, but what that poor kid went through.... Hope your son isn't disappointed, and well done Mr Doris - does he have a brother?!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:07:00 PM

doris said...

Karen Fool is the word. Nice to see you :-)

Annie What despicable behaviour. I suppose we have gotten off lightly. Son is fine here and no, Mr Doris still doesn't have an available brother! :-P

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:27:00 PM

Cheryl said...

I have read this twice but didn't know how to answer, simply as I never for a moment considered that you would do anything other than put the needs of you children first. Still the only real comment I can come up with is 'Of course.'

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:38:00 PM

No comments: