Saturday 18 March 2006

Long emails in the dead of night

Long emails in the dead of night
Picking over words
Choosing the diplomatic with a loving heart
Trying to explain the insanity
ever present in all of us
Wanting to please and make all things good
Knowing that I can't and won't and that's OK
Bridging the miles and decades
Finding that genetic links are good too
and mean something after all
So many late nights
So many long emails
Quite a few tears and so many smiles.


Original Comments:

Britmum said...

Did you write this? A very good piece of poetry.

I hope that you are well.

Take care xoxo

Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:40:00 AM

doris said...

:-) Just a little free flow writing about 10 minutes before the time of your message. It is just a piece from the heart, saying it as it is. That is what I like about blogging: is being able to be creative and expressive however I please and no-one saying what is right or wrong.

Yes I am fine thanks Britmum though had a rough night last with lots of night terrors.

I'm afraid I've been pre-occupied and not getting around to my fav blogs but that seems to be a current theme for many of us.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:50:00 AM

Cheryl said...

:-)

Like it, congrats, good for you.

I think that covers all three angles (poetry, results, your strength & composure). Yup, that does it.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:51:00 AM

doris said...

Thanks Cheryl! :-)

Now I have the long wait for a reply to the email I wrote last night. Nail biting and fingers crossed.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:34:00 PM

Joe said...

Good for you Doris. You really are a sticker-at-it (is that a phrase?)

:-)

J

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:21:00 PM

Astryngia said...

That's lovely - I can just see you sitting there, pensive. And it speaks of you, from the heart. It comes across.

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:13:00 PM

doris said...

Well Joe .... that 'e' is going to take some getting used to ;-)

Astryngia You know me too well :-)

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:59:00 PM

decrepitoldfool said...

Such a wonderful bit of poetry. And now that the novelty has long since worn off, email is as human a way of communicating as any other. The humanity is in the communicator, not the medium.

Thank you for this.

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:31:00 AM

doris said...

DoF Sounds crazy but I hadn't thought of it as bringing new technology into the world of poetry but of course that is what it is!

Thanks!

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:50:00 PM

No comments: