Thursday 9 March 2006

Birdsong

For the first time in as long as I can remember I was awoken by birdsong. We are next to a park and the tall trees brush near our roof. Maybe it is the time of the day, or maybe that the weather is not quite so cold, or the season? I am not sure what governs it but it was rather peaceful to come out of sleep to the chorus that I lay there awhile, just listening.

Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, spring is officially here?

How lovely for you - I miss birdsong, it very rare here - the only noise that breaks the monotony of seagulls squawking is crows doing pretty much the same.....

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:04:00 AM

Ally said...

Its' very rare here, too - but there have been doves calling the last few mornings. I think the year is on the turn. Yay!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:43:00 AM

Z said...

Always awaken to bird song :) Or sometimes lamb song.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:05:00 PM

ella m. said...

~is now jealous that you live next to a park :D ~

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:07:00 PM

Pookie65 said...

I love hearing the birds singing. Their melody is unlike no other and is ever changing. I am fortunate to be able to hear their song nearly every day.

It's these small, free joys that make life so worth living.

Many hugs, dear.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:25:00 PM

Le laquet said...

Yes, lots of birds yesterday and did you notice how warm it was too, a gorgeous day 'cept for the drive home down the delightful A2 in the rain .... but then Kent has a drought so I'm sure it'll come in handy!

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:20:00 AM

Neutron said...

Ah...the dawn chorus, thanks for that Doris. How the sound of larks reminds me of my student days...walking home to the sound of the birds chirrupping...evryone is on about spring at the moment and it's driving me crazy!! (For the reason see my blog and what Munich is putting on for a spring show!)

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:45:00 AM

Helen said...

Hm.......I went off to work this morning as I was walking down the stairs I was so delighted to hear birds singing. Spring is hopefully on it's way.
Peace..................
Say No to GMO'S

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:40:00 PM

Anji said...

At last!

Sunday, March 12, 2006 1:18:00 PM

No comments: