Friday 3 February 2006

Suicidee did not die!

Briefly, after a lot of effort trying to get through to the police and for them to actually find the right records on the right computer, we have been told that the guy who jumped had extremely minor infuries amounting to a bruise and a single cut! Apparently he had landed on his feet. I had been to the scene and would say it was about the height of two standard trains on top of each other, plus shoulder height for the wall, which is a distance.

The young man was already receiving psychiatric treatment and after the event was taken to hospital and then to a psychiatric unit. I hope he gets help and finds some peace in his life.

Meanwhile, I am delighted for my daughter. She saw what she saw and was having flashbacks and had been quite disturbed. This morning I have told her the news which was much to her relief. I have told her that I was proud of her for what she did and for the way she cared.

The other thing, was that I had contact with the police since two days ago and they could not find the incident on their computers and again they were searching this morning. I didn't at any point doubt my daughter but I did begin to wonder what is was that she had actually seen. Thank goodness I never shared this question mark with her as that would have been awful to add to her pain.

Phew and double phew!

[This post refers to this original post: Suicide is painful]


Original Comments:

Carol said...

Isn't it funny how we will doubt those around us before we doubt those closest to us! I've done this before.

Anyway - I'm glad to chap didn't die. He obviously has issues, and hopefully now he can get them addressed.

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:44:00 PM

Cheryl said...

:-)

Hurray!

Friday, February 03, 2006 3:16:00 PM

Writer Mom said...

What a relief!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Doris heals the world.

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:06:00 PM

doris said...

Carol Certainly an interesting experience showing that things are not always what they might seem. All very well to be wise after the fact but it is a lesson for us all. I still think my daughter coped amazingly.

Cheryl Sure is great news.

LOL Writer Mom I shall be insufferable for quite a while. It is just one of those days and then my black, sexy, lycra superwoman suit came back from the cleaners today and I got to wear my knickers on the outside again :-D

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:28:00 PM

MrsDoF said...

Oh, some nice news over here.
Thank you for the update.
I hope your daughter is able to move on.
Maybe it might help her if she were to write a letter about all this, and then pass it along to someone who would be able to give it to the guy later--after his therapy. Just thinking aloud, I am. He may not want any reminders.

Friday, February 03, 2006 8:10:00 PM

Annie said...

I'm so glad he was ok, and I hope he gets the right sort of help. I read somewhere that suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem. I only did the cry for help/tablets thing, but I'm glad now that I was so half-hearted about it. It is not a nice place to be in. I'm glad your daughter is dealing with it well. hopefully now she knows he's ok she can put it behingd her.

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:26:00 PM

Jo said...

So glad Doris :-)

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:27:00 PM

Reia said...

that's good news. he should be seeing this as a new life for him... and a new hope!
i admire your daughter for being so brave :-)

Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:49:00 AM

MrsDoF said...

Totally off topic, but I want to tell you that I rented _84 Charing Cross Road_ on video and watched it and absolutely loved it! I would never have given it a second glance except I remember reading about the movie on your blog.
Thank you for its good mention.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:03:00 AM

jane said...

Things always happen for reasons. I wonder, if we were to jump ahead 20 years from now & look back at your daughter's life, why did she see what she saw? Did it affect her career choice? Did it change how she saw herself?
Undoubtedly something strong will come as a result of this, in your daughters life. Also the fact that you didn't question her. She now knows she has a solid voice that should be listened to.
I pray that man finds peace for his soul.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:37:00 AM

Pearl said...

Wow, still traumatic for your girl, but good news for the boy.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:32:00 PM

doris said...

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Who knows what influence this will have in the future on daughter or the young man. Tonight I met the young friend that daughter was with that night and she too was disappointed by the insensitivities of their friends about the whole situation.

Mrs DoF - so glad you tried out that video. Ahhhh, ain't it great :-)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:56:00 AM

Anji said...

I'm glad for everyone. Let's hope he can get the help to sort himself out

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:36:00 PM

No comments: