Friday 17 February 2006

Ducking for adjectives

Ally at Ducking for apples has come up with an intriguing activity that I just gotta have a slice of the cake.

It is a personality "thingy" and if you want to click on it and participate - you have to click on the six words that you think describe me best Doris' personality thingy. It then gives you the opportunity to go and set one up for yourself.

It will be interesting and ego expanding :-) Let me know if you do it and I'll come tick your boxes!!!


28 Feb 2006 Results so far:

Arena

(known to self and others)

caring, cheerful, friendly, intelligent

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

able, accepting, bold, brave, calm, clever, confident, dependable, energetic, extroverted, happy, idealistic, independent, kind, knowledgeable, loving, modest, observant, patient, reflective, relaxed, responsive, sensible, spontaneous, sympathetic, trustworthy, warm, wise, witty

Façade

(known only to self)

adaptable, complex

Unknown

(known to nobody)

dignified, giving, helpful, ingenious, introverted, logical, mature, nervous, organised, powerful, proud, quiet, religious, searching, self-assertive, self-conscious, sentimental, shy, silly, tense

Dominant Traits

61% of people agree that gransonbran is caring
61% of people agree that gransonbran is intelligent

All Percentages

able (15%) accepting (15%) adaptable (0%) bold (7%) brave (23%) calm (7%) caring (61%) cheerful (15%) clever (7%) complex (0%) confident (23%) dependable (15%) dignified (0%) energetic (7%) extroverted (15%) friendly (30%) giving (0%) happy (15%) helpful (0%) idealistic (7%) independent (7%) ingenious (0%) intelligent (61%) introverted (0%) kind (15%) knowledgeable (15%) logical (0%) loving (15%) mature (0%) modest (7%) nervous (0%) observant (7%) organised (0%) patient (7%) powerful (0%) proud (0%) quiet (0%) reflective (15%) relaxed (15%) religious (0%) responsive (7%) searching (0%) self-assertive (0%) self-conscious (0%) sensible (7%) sentimental (0%) shy (0%) silly (0%) spontaneous (7%) sympathetic (23%) tense (0%) trustworthy (15%) warm (46%) wise (15%) witty (38%)

Created by the Interactive Johari Window on 28.2.2006, using data from 13 respondents.
You can make your own Johari Window, or view gransonbran's full data.


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Bugger, I've just pinched that too.
I'll play yours - hope you'll play mine! :-)

Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:11:00 AM

doris said...

Very curious. It is hard to stick with 6 items, challenging even. But will be interesting to see the results.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:19:00 AM

Badaunt said...

That was HARD. Only six?

Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:16:00 AM

Mr Doris said...

Well, I selected: independent, caring, sympathetic, calm, warm, accepting. But then I get to snuggle up in bed with you! I was going to choose either Clever or Wise, because you pointed out the difference between the two... which is rather intelligent. But when you're snuggled up in bed, who wants intelligent :-)

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:23:00 PM

Annie said...

Johari windows seem to be the in thing this weekend. Thanks for selecting things on mine.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:12:00 PM

Z said...

That's brave! Lol. I think I lack the courage for that one ;)

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:27:00 AM

Milt Bogs said...

I thought you meant having a cup of tea in a shared bath. That's what Ally was doing last time I dropped in. If you see what I mean.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:38:00 PM

mrshellonheels said...

Hi Doris! I filled it out, but didnt do one for myself. It was hard to only pick 6 tho, so many fit you. : )

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:27:00 AM

Anji said...

That was fascinating and confirms what we already knew, what a wonderful person you are!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:39:00 AM

doris said...

Thanks all for taking part and to the mysterious person too!

It was a rather nice ego trip I'd have to admit and guessed it might be. In some ways I am a very confident person who gets on and does things but the flip side is a scared person who doesn't feel too good about herself.

For me, it turned out to be quite uplifting especially as there were some common themes positively re-inforced.

However, keeping in mind it only skims the surface and deals with the positives (if one sees them as such) it is not to be taken entirely seriously. But thank you anyway because it was warming and encouraging.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:43:00 PM

Writer Mom said...

Hi Doris! I was too chicken to put up my own, but I promise I was completely honest on yours.
I'm having fun with thoughts like, "Now, a witty person HAS to be an intelligent person already, or they can't be witty...but I really want it enforced how smart I think this woman is, so I'll give it a double dose..." and click.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:59:00 PM

Jo said...

Hey gimme gimme gimme!!! :-) What a cool thingy. Naturally Doris you have received a glowing set of adjectives from me!

And I'm going to do one too - this kind of stuff is right up my strasse (as they say)...

Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:53:00 PM

Jo said...

BTW Doris...if you want to have a take on the 'dark' side of you, there is a 'nohari' test you can take too!

(If you're like me then...er...I don't think so (!) I can do that one all by myself quite well thanks!)

Great to see Mr Doris breaking into print here too :-) Is that his debut?

Thanks for doing mine. At the mo, it's just you and my friend Kath. So I'm not yet having quite the positive stroke that you got [sniff]

But I did like what you put :-)

Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:17:00 PM

No comments: