Tuesday 7 February 2006

Cute Tradesmen

Fluff alert!

The poor sod. I could barely keep my mouth closed nor my tongue in my head as this cute guy with his tousled hair a la Jamie Oliver stood in our house. He's done work for us over a few years but now he has grown his hair from his usual close crop and what a difference it made. And not being one to keep my mouth shut I told him how cute he looked. With my beloved Mr Doris there I had to ask his opinion too! Mr Tradesman blushed in a way that is so adorable and makes a grown woman want to sweep him off his feet and tickle his funny bits. Of course I wouldn't and he hasn't made it to my imagination but for those few moments I was lost to wild abandonment. Sigh. :-)


Original Comments:

Milt Bogs said...

Hi Doris,
Yes I think Roy Orbison is probably less cool than J.O. cooked worse but sang better.
In 1960 or whenever, girls liked the Grrrrrr bit in 'Pretty Woman'. I always thought he sang off pitch.
I'd like to find a female plasterer.
I understand the abandonment - not sure about the wild though.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:54:00 AM

Cheryl said...

Doris and Milt - faux codgers the pair of you.
Hehehe.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:55:00 AM

Ally said...

I completely agree, Doris. V cute :).

Milt, I'm quite good with a plaster. Where would you like it stuck? ;)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:53:00 AM

Jo said...

ooh I do enjoy my funny bits being tickled too :-)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:00:00 AM

Writer Mom said...

He probably blushed so cutely because you've made it into HIS imagination. Grrrrrrr

*Carol's (Purple Dragon) post today...that's open for everyone and all. The more the better!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:59:00 PM

Curly K said...

We all need some "fluff" in our lives - mind you it's been a while for some of us!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:04:00 PM

Hannah said...

Oh, yum. Why do all the men who come to our house to do things look like the utter personification of grumpy Glaswegian that they are, when you get that?!? It's Just Not Fair. Sulk.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:36:00 PM

doris said...

LOL I've loved all your comments. I hadn't thought about tradesmen not normally being good looking but then of course, isn't it supposed to be the fictional stuff of fantasy? But hey, in my life, anything is possible ;-)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:59:00 PM

Le laquet said...

Lol!

I love it when you can do that to someone who thinks he's above the whole blushing thing!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:11:00 AM

Anji said...

I agree with Curly K.
I think that men look less agressive with longer hair.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:34:00 PM

Karen said...

well well Doris and I thought I was the female equivalent to a dirty old man

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 3:23:00 PM

jane said...

I left a message here yesterday, but it's not here. How weird. Anyways,
I've moved my blog to a new domain, if I'm on
your blog list or blogroll, would you please update
it to: http://www.janelovestarzan.com. My other
blog is no longer active.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:28:00 AM

Z said...

Yeah. I used to think JO was cute too.
So - you wanna share your tradesman details? I'm sure I can find a wall that needs plastering or something. ;)

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:53:00 AM

No comments: