Wednesday 4 January 2006

Putting on the glitz

Pookie has really cheered me up with his 1st ANNUAL POOKIE'S CHOICE AWARDS that I had to dig out something glitzy to wear and work on my acceptance speech :-)

Thrilled to bits, I am pleased to accept awards for the following categories:

  • Most Thought Provoking Blogs
  • Blogger(s) I'd love to meet for coffee or dinner & solve the world's problems with
  • Most Memorable (albeit somewhat frightening) Blog Post Of 2005 (The Mooncup Review)
  • Sweetest & Most Sincere Bloggers

Other winners include EllaM for Bitchiest Blogger(s) (and I mean this as a compliment) and Swimpig for Most Thought Provoking Blogs and Blogger(s) I'd love to meet for coffee or dinner & solve the world's problems with.

Thank you Pookie for the chuckle, you are such a darling!



Original Comments:


Writer Mom said...

Congratulations! (You look fabulous, by the way).

I'm so honored to know you. And I'd definitely love to have coffee with you and solve the world's problems.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:27:00 AM

Pookie65 said...

What can I say? You are an inspiration to me and many others.

I look forward to many more shared posts in 2006.

Huggers!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:27:00 AM

Le laquet said...

The outfit is inspired, do you have a space on your mantlepiece ready for your "Pookie"?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:27:00 AM

mrshellonheels said...

woohooo, congrats girl! I adore you and Love your blog!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:02:00 AM

Cheryl said...

Ooh get you!
HOW MANY awards?
Gosh don't hurt your back carrying them all home!

HUGS - Good for you, congratulations!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:11:00 PM

doris said...

LOL Thank you, thank you all! I've got my diamante encrusted red satin shopping trolley to carry my stash and I don't care - I'm loved and adored. Thank you, thank you, boo-hoo, thank you, sniff sniff, thank you, I'd like to thank....

Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:12:00 PM

Annie said...

Congratulations! I certainly enjoy reading your blog. Love the outfit!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:43:00 PM

Anji said...

Congratulations, now I know someone who is really famous!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:23:00 PM

Carol said...

Congratulations! And you look FABulous DAHlink!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:20:00 PM

jane said...

You so deserve every single one of those awards Doris. Congratulations!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:57:00 PM

Astryngia said...

I love the new colours!! Fabulous - and what a lovely award. Well deserved. Your outfit is just perfect. Hugs!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:00:00 PM

Milt Bogs said...

If you need some camp coffee for your get together to sort the world's problems,I have found a source.

Friday, January 06, 2006 12:51:00 PM

Badaunt said...

Now I'm all upset that I wasn't awarded anything, so I went over and told Pookie so.

(Who is Pookie, anyway?)

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Friday, January 06, 2006 1:30:00 PM

Jo said...

Well done Doris!!!! (Sings) "She's the Blogging Queen...young and sweet, only seventeen...yeah yeah..." (Stops as room empties...)

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:54:00 PM

Comment deleted

This post has been removed by the blog administrator.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:55:00 PM

Helen said...

Love the dress! (did anyone ever tell you that you look like Betty Boop!)
Peace...................

Saturday, January 07, 2006 2:35:00 AM

Minerva said...

Oh and what was that red carpet like? *swoon*

Can I have your autograph?

Minerva

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:33:00 AM

doris said...

LOL I just loved your responses and the getting into the spirit of it all :-)

Badaunt - you must surely win the Ultimate Chutzpah prize for balls, cheek, stroppiness and success! And you managed a real sentence with "of of" in it!! That beats any sentence (or is it sentance?) with "do do" in it! I take my glitzy wrap off to you in sheer admiration. Congratulations to you on your prize wrenched from the hands of an unsuspecting Pookie :-)

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:17:00 AM

No comments: