Wednesday 18 January 2006

All change

This post is actually written 24 June 2007:

8.20am Wednesday 18 January 2006 is the day my life changed again. I received a simple and short email from a cousin responding to a search message I had put out on the internet some couple of years before. Family with whom I had close contact as a child, and who had meant so much and we had experienced a lot together, were at last in contact. After 34 years. It doesn't sound like much put like that, but it really was. Not just a big deal for me, but for them - each of them in their different ways and also for their wider family in this country whom they had never met.

I am not re-publishing many of the posts from this time as they are too deep, too emotional and in some a bit too distressing. In another way, those posts can never do enough justice to the utter joy that was experienced as well as the painful memories.

So that's that then!

No comments: