Wednesday 21 September 2005

Last supper

Maybe not, but my last big meal before I present myself to the dentist tomorrow afternoon to have three back teeth removed. What a relief it will be as I have nurtured and looked after these broken teeth for so long it will be great when I can eventually eat again without discreetly unplugging my teeth.

We had buffalo sausages (from the Farmers' Market), sliced organic onions, luverly buttered mashed potatoes, garlic mushrooms and baked beans washed down with a gorgeous red (leftover from the other day). Scrummy.

This morning I see I've lost two pounds. Finally breaking the grip the ten stone mark has had for a couple of years. Until then, all my adult life I bounced between 8.5 and 9.5 stone. Except after the birth of my first when I dwindled down to seven stone something, even with my generous milk producing breasts, I was a mess with pointy bones sticking through. Not nice at all. Otherwise, I've never bothered about my weight and certainly never dieted as such. I believe in enjoying food and the more you enjoy it the less it weighs on you! My increase in weight I thought was maybe the thickening one gets with middle age but most likely due to my diet. Maybe the loss of weight is due to eating plenty more veggies and organic at that.

I shall be even lighter by the end of this week with less teeth in my head and not eating well after the op. But oh! those buffalo suasages were gorgeous. I look forward to the duck and plum sausages we've also got stashed away :-)


Original Comments:

Pookie65 said...
Congrats on the two pounds! Nothing feels quite like stepping on the scale and seeing a loss.

And your meal sounds delicious.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:12:00 PM
Annie said...
Well done on the two pounds! Hope all goes well with the extractions. I had loads out as a kid, and remembered being terrified, but when I had a tooth out a few years back it was totally painless and very quick. Don't use straws to drink through afterwards though, as they can cause a dry socket which isn't very pleasant. *Hugs*
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:17:00 PM
Mama Mouse said...
I had a dry socket once ... it hurt worse than the toothache before it.

Congrats on losing weight! The meal sounded oh so yummy!! Its a good thing its nearly dinner time 'cause now I don't think I could hold out too much longer!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:17:00 PM
mrshellonheels said...
Way to go Gran on the 2 pound loss..but honey I found it, if you want it back let me know ..heeheee.
I need to go to the dentist so bad, I have a broken tooth in the back and I have been putting off going. The last time I went to the dentist I hurt more afterwards then I did before I went in. I guess I will just continue to live on aspirin until it gets to the totally unbearable stage. ; ) Good luck to you..I will be thinking about you.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:08:00 AM
Anji said...
Good luck with the dentist. Your farmer's market sounds a wonderful place AND you've lost weight!
Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:14:00 AM
ella m. said...
Avoid drinking very hot things immediately afterward. My dentist did not tell me this and I was about to happily gulp down some coffee to satisfy my addiction. Bad idea. ouch.


Hope it goes quickly and hurts very little.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:36:00 PM
jane said...
you are most certainly enjoying your new found farmers market!
Friday, September 23, 2005 6:23:00 AM
Z said...
Oh those duck and plum sausages sound divine. I'm envious.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:40:00 PM

No comments: