Thursday 8 September 2005

Banana's again

I have to move on from the last post [no longer viewable] - that is ongoing and I am still scared but I need to give a little more healing time before I go knocking on doors to follow-up.

Last night Mr Doris brought me a banana for pudding. He was being ever so sweet as per usual but more-so. We have a pile of bananas going brown but I'm afraid I am one of those mamby-pamby people and prefer mine to be completely yellow so I asked for one of the new bananas. As he brought me the banana he was concerned it still had green tinges. He pointed out the green and exclaimed in a put-on concerned voice, "It is still a vegetable!" That was a welcome moment of laughter :-)


Original Comments:

Ally said...
Can you make smoothies in the blender with the over-ripe ones? I've just been lent a smoothie-maker and I'm becoming addicted ... :).
Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:40:00 PM
Pookie65 said...
It sounds like you and Mr. Doris are both the lucky ones in finding each other.

I'm with ya -- no brown bananas ever.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:23:00 PM
doris said...
Thank you Ally! We are now sitting with our delish smoothies ... 2 ripe bananas, frozen forest fruits, apple juice and milk all wizzed in the blender. I would have used yoghurt but we only have a special one. That's 2 brown bananas down and 3 to go!

Pookie - you're a real sweetie :-)
Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:32:00 PM
Cheryl said...
A huge bunch of green cyber bananas coming at you!
xxxxxxxxxxx
Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:21:00 PM
Mama Mouse said...
I can eat a banana if it has brown spots (freckles) but if the inside has any soft or gushy or uckky parts the whole thing gets pushed down the garbage disposal! Yukkkkkky

My mother used to make a yellow cake that had sliced, overripe (but not soft gushy) between the layers of the cake as well as vanilla frosting. The same thing on the top! YUMMMMMMY
Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:12:00 PM
Z said...
Hmmm. If my partner gave me a banana, I know it would be just so he could hang around and watch me eat it ;)
I would be suspicious, if I were you. Lol
Friday, September 09, 2005 1:01:00 AM
Skytower said...
Let's all go down the Strand...
Friday, September 09, 2005 8:30:00 PM
anniebee said...
I'm one of those people too. I like my bananas just yellow. I'm constantly giving Mum bananas that I can't eat. Did you know that they emit some sort of gas and if you put them with other fruit they will hasten its ripening - good if you have unripe fruit, not so good if you end up with a fruit bowl full of overripe stuff.
Friday, September 09, 2005 10:20:00 PM
jane said...
you & your bananas!
Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:15:00 AM
Eko Prasetyo said...
ah..banana...the only fruit that fulfills my hunger in case emergency strikes in form of lack of cooked rice :D

anyway, you can eat that browning banana well enough if they haven't been that way for more than a week
Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:07:00 AM

No comments: