Saturday 13 August 2005

Tearing pages

With our digital doodlings we can tear out pages. Undo what was writ and not leave any smudges. No rough edges, no broken spines. Not quite as neat as strawberry pavlova on a sunny afternoon, with champagne, fine china and special friends, but pretty close!

>`)
( ^
^
("<
/ )
^
>`)
( ^
^
("<
/ )
^
>`)
( ^
^
("<
/ )
^
>`)
( ^
^
("<
/ )
^
>`)
( ^
^
("<
/ )
^


Original Comments:

anniebee said...

You're very poetic this morning Doris. I love reading evocative bits like that. I like the ascii(?) art too.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 9:53:00 AM

doris said...

LOL - it was only because I removed my Big Brother post from last night. On reflection it did nothing for me and messed up my 'notebook' so I tore out that page and was glad there was nothing written on the other side :-)

Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:31:00 AM

Cheryl said...

Well I am sorry I only found the first paragraph of your BB running commentary. (Still on my new RSS feeds on bloglines)

I am pretty sure that Makosi has borderline narcissism, but that she will make the most of this in terms of promotion. Anthony shot himself in the foot, suddenly showing a money grubbing, opinionated and disdainful side to his character, in the winner's interview. Even Davina, with her final words, showed him to the audience calling him 'your big brother winner', not our, or the. She is amazingly careful and clever with her words, so I am certain she went right off him.

As for Eugene, he is incapable of dishonesty or suspicion, I think, and will simply go his merry, mannerly way.
No stars out of this batch.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:01:00 PM

doris said...

Cheryl - I think your comment was far more intersting than the additions to my post and you've summed it up well.

Strange about Makosi. She could have come out a star if only she had come out and laughed about it all and said what games she played but instead it turned out quite nasty. Maybe she can salvage it but I doubt it if she really is that odd.

Anthony is just the pits now in my eyes. He was only borderline for me - because of the way he handled Craig's attentions - but the way he put down Eugene's decision over the money lacked style and class.

As for Davina I think she is very good and it disappoints me when I see her slated on the BB Forums. I've done the crowd a couple of times at BB and once she asked me my opinion but that wasn't televised. She is a great crowd handler and speaks to us nicely - just as she appears on the TV. Whereas you have someone like Chris Tarrant who behaves like some demi-god and does not have any interaction whatsoever with the audience. Not nice at all.

Hmmm Cheryl.... I didn't think you were so knowledgeable about this prgramme ;-)

Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:18:00 PM

Milt Bogs said...

Those are very beautiful little birds Doris.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 8:54:00 PM

ella m. said...

~prepares everyone for stupid question~ how'd you do the pretty little birdies?

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:49:00 PM

doris said...

Ella! I just tagged you :-)

The birds....

>`)
( ^
^

or

("<
/ )
^

and each one is a table cell with a colour.....

that didn't help did it?

Look up "ascii art" in Google!

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:22:00 PM

No comments: