Wednesday 17 August 2005

Pizza Archaeology

Pizza Archaeology crossed my mind as a possibility as I cut the pizza for dinner. As the round cutter chomped its way across the pizza, the pieces of pepperoni shifted about. I then moved some of the smaller pieces of pepperoni to the cut edges of the pizza that I thought were a little bare.

For a moment I was concerned that the kids would know that an itty bitty piece of pepperoni was missing from their slice. Made me think of "Pizza Archaeology" and whether one could dig around and analyse which piece went where, where it was cooked and where it shifted to in the cutting process, how old it is....

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\


Original Comments:

Mama Mouse said...
Doris have you been out in the sun too much recently? I hope your pizza wasn't as dry as some of the 'stuff' you might find on a NORMAL archaelogical site.

Hmmmmm ... though it 11pm here I am NOW hungry for PIZZA! Geeeez ... thanks a LOT! No pizza in the house ... eggs perhaps? Hmmmmm ... not the same but they COULD be good!

OK ... I'm off to egg hunt!
Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:58:00 AM
Clublint said...
Hoo boy you think of weird stuff during mundane tasks too.

Fun, isn't it.

I'm surfing through Blog Advance and you made me giggle so I thought I'd stop and say hiya.

My kids are the same in that they know when you move even a tomato seed out of their tomatoes. I'm obviously not giving them enough to do if they're going to notice stuff like that. Maybe they could clean my living room....

Deb
Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:23:00 AM
Sparkling said...
My son doesn't care where the pepperoni originated from, as long as there is pepperoni on all bites.
Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:42:00 AM
anniebee said...
I should take more water with it Doris! Pizza sounds nice though *off to search freezer*...
Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:11:00 PM
Z said...
I have to cook pizza every night at the moment. My youngest is autistic and at the moment it is all he will eat, same make, same flavour. He knows how it is meant to look and gawd help you if you did a little re-arranging. He just wouldn't eat it :)
Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:40:00 PM
ella m. said...
Upon reading the title of this post i immediately thought of digging arond through the piles of crap in the average fraternity house trying to find the approximate age of the pizza boxes strewn about by virture of how much other crap was piled on top and the mold it had grown. :)
Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:42:00 PM
Anji said...
I play Archaeologist when I'm cooking frozen paella, chipping away gently at the rice to reveal prawns, mussels etc. I wouldn't like to try dating the stuff though......
Friday, August 19, 2005 9:20:00 AM
doris said...
Anji I know what you mean... I'd rather be dating a handsome bloke ;-)

LOL - I've loved everyone's comments!
Friday, August 19, 2005 9:39:00 AM

No comments: