Monday 15 August 2005

Meme - What Dog Are you?

For all those doggers out there.... well, maybe not but I have been collared by a fine English Cocker Spaniel on Mad Baggage.

I used to have a paralytic fear of dogs but now, just don't care for them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't care about one needing help and would not have cruelty inflicted, just that it is more likely that the world would explode than I would have a dog.

Now would be a good time to state that I never ever have my fears eased by an owner telling me "Don't worry dear, he/she won't bite" when the dog is barking furiously or jumping about wildy in my direction. This is no pacifier. What I need is to have you look like you are at least attempting to hold onto your dog so that I can pass safely on my way.

The last time there was an incident was only about two years ago when at a close relative's house where they had a bull-type dog. My son was playing with it outside when the creature decided to put my son's head between it's jaws. Son was not hurt either physically or emotionally for which I am grateful. The family were about to have their first child and this event concerned them greatly so they found a new home for their beloved animal.

The year before that, I was walking along, on my way to do the school run home, when a car pulled up outside their house and out jumped a woman and about 5 large dogs all barking and jumping wildly in my direction. It felt like my heart stopped, I must have gone white, I froze and was transported back to childhood fears of dogs. The owner gave the usual inane comment of "Don't worry dear....". I just burst into tears and tried to walk on without looking back and trying not to give off the smell of fear.

Moving on....

There is an excellent and worth-seeing game on Gone To The Dogs called What Dog Are you? Sadly its not blogger oriented (yet) and you can't copy and paste your answer, but Cheryl has turned this into a Meme.

Rules:

  1. Go to www.Gone2TheDogs.com and select game.
  2. Follow the instructions
  3. Answer the questions
  4. Find out what dog you are and
  5. Post the answer on your blog!
  6. Collar someone else
I am, it says, a Welsh Corgi

Origins:
UK. There are two breeds of Welsh Corgi, the Pembroke and the Cardigan, the former being the most popular probably because of its patronage by the British Royal Family. Some believe that the corgi is descended from the Swedish Vallhunds brought to the Welsh coast by Viking invaders in the 9th century. Others think that the Welsh Corgi was brought to Wales by the Celts in 1200BC. These dogs are dubbed "heelers" for their skill at herding cattle.

Personality:
Outgoing, active and intelligent these animals were once fine working animals. However, after years of pampering by the likes of Queen Elizabeth II, the Pembroke breed might well have trouble getting cows into line, having become much heavier and less agile over the years.

I collar: Ella, Scott and Sarah, and anyone else who wants to play!

There you have it! I'm a fat, pampered pooch with aspirations of the fine life and a deep seated fear of cows because they mean work!


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

ROFL brilliant post!

Oh Doris.....





MOO!!!!

:-)

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:28:00 PM

Pookie65 said...

Now that you have me collared are you going to take me for long walks and toss the frisbee to me?

Meme is complete. thanks for tagging me -- it was fun!

Monday, August 15, 2005 4:46:00 PM

Bernadette said...

I love Tasha Tudor's winsome watercolors of her beloved Corgis. I shan't be comparing myself to any dogs, thanks all the same!

Monday, August 15, 2005 9:43:00 PM

aka.alias said...

You put it perfectly as far as I am concerned. The world might very well explode, indeed, before I would agree to invite a canine into my house.
And, :-)) thanks for dropping by my blog!

Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:22:00 AM

No comments: