Monday 1 August 2005

Body Wash Hooks

It bugs me when the body wash or shower gel is stuck in the hook/handle of those all-in-one bottles. Whenever I have a shower, I'm forever tipping and tilting the bottle so that the little quantity of gel runs back into the bottle. Or I leave the bottle propped so that the little residue runs back in but by the next day one of the kids has used it, tipped the bottle up and we're back to square one. I wonder how much is wasted because it is stuck in the packaging?


Original Comments:

Anthony said...

I too, have had bottle issues. I go to close the cap, and there is a gob getting sqeezed between cap and top, causing it to ooze onto side of bottle.

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:45:00 PM

s4essene said...

A funny shaped bottle always makes getting stuff out more difficult - it's not only the manufacturers I blame, God should have thought of that!

Monday, August 01, 2005 10:34:00 PM

Lynda said...

Isn't it weird the things that drive us nuts? I can't stand the "new" toothpaste tubes. I'll take plain, old-fashioned Crest anyday.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:10:00 AM

Mama Mouse said...

Ahhhh ... one of the imponderable questions of life! One answer as to WHY stuff gets stuck in those odd shaped containers is that the stuff was INTENDED by the manufacturer to do just that!

That way ... you HAVE to go out and buy more before you otherwise might do it. Of course a wiley person could add water to the container (in the case of shampoo or body gels for example) and then shake VERY well. The resulting product would loosen the trapped 'product'. It would also lose its texture and you would have to use more because it would be watered down ......

..... but the bonus is that you would get to use ALL of it rather than lose that little bit. Of course if you are wealthy just toss it ... and buy more!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:38:00 AM

Bernadette said...

"Kiss My Face Patchouli Body Wash" causes no such stress, Doris! Is it sold there?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 5:59:00 AM

jane said...

Oh, i love patchouli anything. where can i get it? I like mamamouse's ideas. Another thing you don't need to do is wash your hair twice, its clean after the 1st wash. well i guess unless you put all kinds of goop in it. i wash my scalp anyways, not my hair. i get sidetracked too easy.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:48:00 AM

Star said...

Wow! Patchouli! Anybody else old enought to remember Patchouli oil back in the 70's? It was the scent to use! YOu commented above me on Michele's site of the day!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:55:00 AM

captain_howdy_girl said...

I just rinse the last of it out with water

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:20:00 PM

Cassiopeia said...

I usually empty the remains of the old into the new. I leave the bottles stacked on top of each other on the counter for a couple hours. But with body wash, I just put a little water in it, shake it, and voilá! All used :).

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:19:00 PM

Anne said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who gets frustrated with "stuff" getting stuck in the containers. I add water to shampoo, conditioner and other things as well, but it's not the same. Oh well. At least I feel better by getting every last drop.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:28:00 PM

arrazello said...

Same here - just add water and shake. :)
And - nope, still not seen Fantastic 4.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:38:00 PM

Chandira said...

Marmite jars. Marmite jars have those weird little edges and square bits to stick a round knife into... Drives me nuts.. lol

Especially as I'm in the US, and marmite is as precious as gold here.. to a UK person, at least.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:49:00 PM

Cheryl said...

No shower - no problem. Grrrr.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:38:00 PM

No comments: