Tuesday 5 July 2005

Stopped

Life
Ambition
Desire.
All stopped.
No reason.
Just has.

Clogged up
All a-mush
Achieving nothing.
Not sad.
Not depressed.
Just nothingness.

The piles of paper don't help
Nor the long list of to-do's
I'm not fighting. I'm not falling.
I'm not worried. I'm not anything.
Where am I? Nobody knows.
Just stopped.


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow.
When did you write that? Is that where you are? Ecclesiastes 1 v 1-11 - everything the same, nothing changes no matter what you do - absolute depression.
You've caught the state brilliantly, but I really hope thats not where your head is at!
xxx

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:05:00 PM

doris said...

Reaches over for bible to look this up... And um, yes, that's where I'm at. Wasn't like that yesterday and probably won't be like that tomorrow. It's a now thing! And that makes me laugh! :-)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:09:00 PM

doris said...

Cheryl - Your knowledge of the bible is awesome! Was it painfully inflicted upon you or through choice? Or both?

Amongst our many books on different religions we have the New International Version of the Life Application Bible which has interesting little notes and commentary. Amongst the Vital Statistics given for the book of Ecclesiastes (which was written about 935 BC) is its Purpose: "To spare future generations the bitterness of learning through their own experience that life is meaningless apart from God."

Well, as I roll up my sleeves to discuss in a rather animated way, which is more animated than I have been all afternoon (except after I wrote my little ditty), I feel that we need to learn through experience and that although we can listen to the experience of others we often learn best when we experience for ourselves. But there is no harm in helping others to learn!

I think the underlying message that wealth, acquisitions and accomplishments are nothing compared to the real truth of our being is right on. And I was surprised to read in 1 v 9 "there is nothing new under the sun".

I'm not depressed. Not really. Just a momentary blip, which I have to say happens more often than I care to admit..... according to the footnotes for 1 v 8-11 "Perhaps God is asking you to rethink your purpose and direction in life, just as Solomon did in Ecclesiastes".

Hmm. Now where have I heard that before!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:33:00 PM

John said...

Nothing is not far from everything, Doris. They morph into each other. I've always found that a good clear out of the brain adds more than it takes away. Mystical or what?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:46:00 PM

doris said...

Profound!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:49:00 PM

Cheryl said...

No my bible knowledge is sadly lacking.
I disagree w your bible tho - my impression of the whole of the old testament is - "10 simple rules and u cant even do that on yer own" - a couple of thousand years of proof that we all insist on learning the hard way no matter how much help we get.
But when you have got into a pickle, its nice to find someone else who feels that rotten - and thats how I found those verses. Way better than someone suggesting you cheer up!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:05:00 PM

jane said...

You have such a beautiful way of putting such a sorrowful state. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:44:00 PM

Anonymous said...

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
After 5 years of Marriage,
I'm so glad I said "I do".

xxx Mr Doris

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:11:00 PM

jane said...

awwww Mr. Doris is so wonderful!! It's no wonder you're so in love with him!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:31:00 PM

doris said...

sniff sniff, it's a kleenex moment, excuse me....

He is so luverly. I love him soooo much :-)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:43:00 PM

Minerva said...

Doris,
Well done.... This is lovely...and a really good expression of where your head is at...

and lucky girl, having someone like Mr Doris...

And Mr Doris? Lucky you for having such a talented writer for a wife...

*hugs*

Minerva

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:53:00 PM

Ghone said...

I'm sure you'll perky as a piglet real soon and back to discussing pubic hair and bidets in no time at all!
:o)

It could be worse - your nails could be a bad as these!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:17:00 PM

doris said...

Thank you Minerva :-) Mr Doris has seen these posts and there are hugs all round.

Ghone - I am quite sure that normal service will be resumed in due course. After all, I haven't had a lavatorial post in a few days!

Thank you for the curious pic.... and for putting me on your stalker list! I'm honoured :-)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:29:00 AM

Bernadette said...

*yoga*

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:05:00 AM

Milt Bogs said...

It might be an "O" ring problem.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:04:00 PM

God said...

Nice job Cheryl. Doris, you have good friends. Love and laugh often.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:12:00 PM

decrepitoldfool said...

Doris, I am so jealous. I mean, I have some pretty cool commenters - including you - but GOD?!!!

Thursday, July 07, 2005 4:31:00 PM

doris said...

"Yes, well" she says, as she puffs on her finger nails and rubs them casually against her sternum, "I have friends in the highest places...." :-)

Dear God

Thank you. I will try to do as you say.

Love Doris

PS. Like Cheryl (as she worte on her blog), I too am appreciating this wonderful bloggy community.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:17:00 PM

No comments: