Wednesday 6 July 2005

London Olympics 2012

Fifteen year old daughter was chatting to us about the Olympics. Being a teenager she rarely chats to us about much so am grateful for the intercourse. She hasn't done her maths and just eagerly asked if we can go to the Olympics in London. At least she can see the funny side of Miss Independent asking her parents if she can go to the Olympics when she is 22 years old! Son has already worked out how old he would be but has kindly said I could come with him.


Original Comments:

Ally said...

Ah, bless Son, that's lovely of him! :)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:03:00 PM

jane said...

I'd buy those tickets asap & make dates with both kids!! Wouldnt that be cute xmas gifts? Congrats on getting the Olympics! Your kids sound adorable

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:21:00 PM

Karen said...

Ditto - 16 year old daughter has asked if she can go. I'm looking forward to it. OMG I'll be 42 - Ah never mind.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:28:00 PM

doris said...

Sweet of you to say so but I can not lay claim to having adorable kids. One has his moments, but no, I couldn't pretend to have that sort of family. They are intriguing kids though and I do like them, but at times I want to bash my head against the wall because of them. Daughter is realising that she is as bizarre as us and is not best pleased! Now what is it that Cheryl says..... Muahaaaaaaa in evil laugh stylee :-)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:30:00 PM

doris said...

You'll be 42 then! Pah. Not enough that you flash your upright breasts on your blog here but that you will be younger then than I am now! Spit spit spit!

PS. Ha-ha! Our funny kids, eh! And I'm looking forward to going too.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:33:00 PM

Ghone said...

Bugger! I'll be older than Karen as well!

Where does the time go???

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:37:00 PM

Cheryl said...

I wish you lot hadn't mentioned age. 2012 doesn't seem that far away, but I'd prefer it if the age I'll be then were a whole lot further away.
42 - the answer to the question about life the universe and everything - it was a good year.
I missed being 37 thought - the kids were playing up (the older ones) so I spent two years assuming I was thirty eight.
And OK maybe I shouldn't have just said that.....

Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:11:00 AM

DaFFy said...

Congrats on getting the Olympics :) We had them about 4,000 years ago (remember - and the winner is "Siddenee"?)Juan Antonio's pronunciation was dreadful, so were the crowds - fun though :)
I understand the teenagers lack of conversation thing - I have one, so you have my sympathies :)

Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:05:00 AM

Bernadette said...

Your future is exciting, what with the Olympics and those fine, young people you will continue to nurture and enjoy!

Besides, being bizarre is a beautiful blessing, babies!

Thursday, July 07, 2005 2:46:00 PM

MrsDoF said...

I thought I had clicked the wrong Bookmark! The new look is nice.
The Olympic thing is a mixed bag. My cousin who lives in Atlanta, Georgia remembers the bad along with the nice of hosting the Games in that city.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:34:00 PM

MrsDoF said...

Hey, are you all right?
Tragedy strikes once again this morning of July 7, and in London, too close to you...are You all right?

Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:19:00 PM

doris said...

Thanks - we're not near but I have family and friends down there. Those in the areas itself are stoic and working out how to get home. It was the 3 different spouses who I spoke to who had been brave talking to their various important people who finally let go when I spoke to them. Poor loves - they were terrified.

I read somewhere that someone suggested we had 7 bombs on the 7th of the 7th month. Hmm. I don't normally go for numbers but do people sit there and work these things out in advance before they commit these crimes?

Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:43:00 PM

No comments: