Saturday 11 June 2005

How do you do it?

I'm exhausted. It's been a long day and my first day of blogging. Mind you I have just gotten back from a 120 mile round trip this evening so I guess that counts too!

I've just been to Michelle's and have collected a few links already of blogs I'd really like to find out more about. So, if I continue at this rate of finding so many interesting blogs, then I'm sure I should pack up my home and life and just sit and read.

I can't do that, and I know others can't either. So how do you do it? Speed reading? However you manage I just want to say Hi and to give you a smile :)



Original Comments:

Heather said...

Hey! I am here via Michele :)

Its all in prioritizing. I do most of my blogging either early in the morning or late at night.. :)

Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:19:00 AM

Maria said...

You will find your own way in time. I look at blogs I like each morning and try to leave a comment when the mood hits me. (It does most of the time.) I write my own posts in the late afternoon. I also write ideas for future blogs or filler blogs for times I have writer's block. (It happens to all of us sooner or later.) Best of luck to you in this fun, new game of journaling.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:38:00 AM

Shelly said...

I read blogs mostly via Bloglines. I skim a lot, then read more closely what really interests me. Every now and then, I visit blogs in person to see if anything cool has been added to the sidebars.

And late at night, before bed, I surf blogs via Blog Explosion. I've found many good ones to read that way.

As for keeping up my blogs, I do that after work, mostly, and I type fast. :) Doing quizzes can get you fast entries, also memes and posting links you like.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 1:02:00 AM

MrsDoF said...

I have to limit my Bookmarks for reading to just 10 a day, and I try to Comment on them because it is very nice to have Regular readers.
Once in awhile, if I have time, I click on a link or if I like what someone wrote in a Comment, I click on the name and go see what else they write. That's how I found Silver Fox.
Yes, I have an addictive personality, which is why I never took up smoking or drinking, because I am afraid of where I might end up.
I have a timer set across the room when I have to get up off my duff to shut the noisy thing off and keep going to be at my appointment or whatever.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 2:59:00 AM

TrueJerseyGirl said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog today and welcome to the blogosphere! So far, so good! All of your posts were interesting reads.

Its hard to read all the blogs I want to read, and unfortunately my blogroll has become quite long. I visit everyone who visits me faithfully FIRST, then I'll go through my blogroll and visit others that I like. And I make sure to leave comments - because that is how you develop repeat readers (and friends!).

Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:17:00 AM

Badaunt said...

Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com). I try to keep up, but often can't.

But with Bloglines you can skim. You soon work out which ones you ALWAYS read, even if you don't always comment.

I don't always respond to comments on my blog, either - often it's a tossup between commenting on other blogs or responding to comments on mine (because of the lack of time). This makes me feel guilty. I'm good at guilt, and blogging provides a rich source of things to feel guilty about, I've found.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 4:54:00 AM

Cheryl said...

Hahahaha. I DO like BadAunt!

Hers is one of my favourite blogs, as is yours already xxx

Mad B / Aunty W :-)

Saturday, June 11, 2005 8:24:00 AM

trine said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It is a fun place, but can take over your life if you let it. I find an RSS feed works really well for me, it lets me know when my favourite blogs have been updated so I can pop over and say hello. You should definitely set up a blogrolling account (blogrolling.com) or bloglines if you haven't already, as it makes keeping up and blogrolling people really easy!
Good luck and have fun.
it's a great place...

Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:19:00 AM

anniebee said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I only tend to get around to the whole lot about once a week, but visit top faves, and regular updaters daily. Have to admit to getting to the ones who make me laugh more often! Or you can stay up half the night! I'm a bit of an insomniac so that gives me extra blogging time! Nice blog, funny posts, I'm blogrolling you! I'm at http://wp.retrotype.com/ now, only use Blogger profile for commenting. TTFN!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:35:00 PM

Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello! I am the last person anyone would wish to ask for blogging advice. However, each comment above mine has offered wonderful suggestions.

Good luck and have fun.

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:58:00 AM

No comments: