Thursday 23 June 2005

The Darling Mr Doris

The postman has just arrived and in the bundle of letters is an Amazon package. "I see you've been ordering books again" I chuckled to Mr Doris as I gave it to him and he said, "Oh no, that's for you!"

I had no idea and inside was a copy of Richard P Feynman's "What Do You Care What Other People Think? : Further Adventures of a Curious Character". A sequel to the last Feynman book I read.

Mr Doris had been reading my blog and noticed that Decrepitoldfool had posted a comment and recommendation for this next book and before I know it, voila!

Mr Doris may not give me flowers and diamond rings but he does tickle my fancy with these wonderful gestures. Maybe I should rename my blog sadoldfool or passmethepukebucket :-)


Original Comments:

Free to Be said...
It really shows that he pays attention to the little things you want. There's only so many people that can do that.

Love the Petunias!

Michele sent me.

anniebee said...
Does Mr Doris have an unmarried brother? I could do with a man like that!

jane said...
how about Mrsdecrepitoldfool? he sounds like such a lovely man. its no wonder we love our men so.
MrsDoF said...
Oh, that one's a great read. I checked and our copy is still in its place, so Mr. Doris does great research.
for Jane, DoF is definitely wonderful, and thoughtful, and kind to his wife and mother and sons.
We do love our men so...

Cheryl said...
Awww
100 brownie points and a gold star to Mr Doris - I like backhanded romance, its so much more 'real'.
Nice one!
Karen said...
Hurrah to Mr Doris and his ability to read the female mind - Does he fancy giving my husband some pointers........

doris said...
Thanks for your comments! I've enjoyed reading them and am looking forward to coming to visit y'all :-)

And no, Mr Doris has no available brothers! LOL

Isn't it nice to be able to say I have a wonderful husband and I love him so :-)

No comments: