Tuesday 28 June 2005

Childhood Pranks?

Houston.... I think we have ourselves a Meme!

Steve at Wittering Heights started this and then Cheryl at Mad Baggage responded and so I'm doing this too.

But first I must qualify that I am not proud of my childhood japes and I certainly learned a lot from them.
  1. We lived by the beach and used to get money back on the soda pop bottles. Having continually cleared the beach of all bottles I'd then resort to climbing over the 6 foot fence at the back of the off-license in order to pinch back the empty pop bottles. I'd then climb back and then walk nonchalantly round the front of the shop to get more refunds. I'm ashamed to say that I managed to keep this up all summer one year by being careful and not doing it too often.

  2. I used to do the phone tapping thing. Post below!

  3. In junior school I was being silly one lunch time and laid down on the ground to look up the short trouser legs of one of the boys. He didn't have any underwear one so I got more than I bargained on and slinked off hoping no-one saw me even though no-one saw what I saw.

  4. I was unjustly given the cane at school once, so I laughed and didn't give it the respect it was demanding.

  5. In secondary school I used to be able to forge the signature of one of the teachers and used to write pretend notes that would send our History teacher out of the class on long goose chases in search of the other teacher.

Well, that's just a few of the ones I'm prepared to share just now!


Original Comments:


jane said...
OMGOSH you were BAAAAD!!!! and i mean BAAAAD!!!!
well, in 10th grade, since we'd had our phone number changed over the summer & the school didn't have my new one. i forged my moms signature on all of my absence notes. finally, my counselor said if my mom didn't come in, he was going to her work & talk to her. so, i had to tell her to go in. i ended up with 28 truants. :(
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:45:00 AM
Steve said...
Doris, you reminded me about the pop bottles, we used to do the same thing but with the glass soda syphons if you remember them. We would take them in get the deposit money wait for him to go out to the yard to put them in the crate and then climb over and pinch one back to either save to take back the next day or We would go straight to the sweet shop and spend the money then go home and give mum the syphon back saying they told us to go back tomorrow
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:38:00 AM
doris said...
We were too poor to have the soda syphons.... we lived in a brown paper bag in the gutter...

Oh the other hand, phew! I wasn't the only one pulling that same stunt then!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:09:00 PM
doris said...
Jane - oh dear, how embarrassing that must have been to be caught out. I think I was rather like Cheryl and managed to generally not get caught for anything on the basis that I was just not that sort! (How wrong they were!!!!)
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:11:00 PM
thebossman said...
For the record: I've always been a good boy, I never pulled any pranks and anybody that says different is a liar!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:07:00 PM
doris said...
Ha-ha-ha! There is something to that saying "it takes one to know one...." I bet you were one of the worst in your time ;-)

PS. I enjoy reading your blog! Some good business tips for the minions!!!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:13:00 PM

No comments: